The people at PA&E thrive in the most challenging fields of human endeavor. Our collective capabilities break down barriers and create new technical possibilities in defense, medical, space and commercial industries.
Do you like a challenge? Do you have what it takes? Then we want to hear from you. PA&E is an exceptional place to put your talents to work. Contact our HR department.
Equal Employment Opportunity: EEO/AA
The Company believes that its objectives can best be achieved by utilizing, to the fullest extent, all of the human resources available to it, without discrimination based on characteristics unrelated to performance. This policy statement is intended to remind all employees and potential employees that it is the Company’s policy not to discriminate in employment based upon race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, filing of a workers’ compensation claim, veteran’s status or any status protected under applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy prevails through every aspect of the employment relationship including recruitment, selection, placement, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, transfer, layoff, disciplinary action, and, if necessary, termination.
Under the guidance of a manager or other senior staff members, develop and apply advanced and innovative engineering solutions to address the product needs of present and future customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- You are required to work cooperatively with all employees
Seek out new possibilities for our technologies both within our customer base and with new potential customers
- Research customer requirements to determine feasibility of design or suitability of application
- Interaction with customer’s designers to develop new solutions
Track and monitor all phases of new application development and maintain close contact with customer to ensure developments proceed in a timely manner and that customer is always is kept informed
- Design conceptual, prototype, and production worthy mechanical component to meet product performance requirements
- Analyze design to verify form, fit, and function using tolerance analysis as required
- Travel occasionally, accompanied by senior staff members or territory representatives, as required, to customer’s facilities in order to evaluate engineering issues, promote technologies, and advance sales functions
- Create and manage development tasks for specific aspects of assigned projects, including scheduling, testing plans, kick-off meetings, and post-mortem reviews
- Identify areas of risk and potential design issues and propose solutions through design and development efforts
- Determine appropriate processes and materials for prototype and production parts
- Work with other departments to produce the prototype, production parts, and tooling
- Suggest BOM structure to the engineering design team
- Review, evaluate, and suggest the proper technical details for quote review
- Assist engineering and quality assurance in determining the most effective means to test and demonstrate compliance with customer requirements
- Stay current on new technologies, materials, processes, and how these developments can advance PA&E’s market share
- Observe safety regulations, wear all required safety equipment, encourage safe working practices, and correct obvious hazards immediately or report them to the appropriate supervisors
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or a minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with emphasis on mechanical and electrical component design, concepts and practices. Proficient with using Pro/Engineer as a design tool to create part models, assemblies, and drawings. Knowledge of ANSI geometric tolerancing requirements.
Pacific Aerospace & Electronics located in Wenatchee Washington has an immediate need for a Senior Machinist. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of machining experience. Additionally, candidates should have a high attention to detail, possess advance geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing capabilities. Candidates should also be able to read and interpret blueprints, aircraft drawings and related specifications and processes. The ability to communicate effectively, recognize, evaluate and respond to problems during the machining process, as well as good written, verbal and interpersonal skills with sound decision making ability with no support are required for these positions. Must be willing to work any shift. Please note, due to ITAR requirements, you must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship upon hire.