Design engineers are often faced with the dilemma of material selection, and frequently, they find that a combination of materials provides the optimal properties required by the design. PA&E’s explosively bonded metals can join otherwise incompatible materials without compromising other design elements.
Why Explosively Bonded Metals?
Materials can often exhibit good corrosive resistance, electrical conductivity, or thermal conductivity, yet be lacking in the strength, hardness, weld-ability, or wear resistance required by the final design.
PA&E has helped customers to achieve the “impossible” for more than 30 years with its innovative metal-to-ceramic, metal-to-composite, and explosively bonded metals solutions.
PA&E’s Explosive Bonding processes can join otherwise incompatible materials without compromising other critical elements of the design. These composite materials offer unique performance characteristics for a range of defense, space, medical, and commercial applications.
Pacific Marine & Industrial is an authorized distributor of PA&E bonded metal products.
Explosively Bonded Metals: More Resources
- PA&E Explosive Metal Welding Datasheet
- Maritime, Industrial Bonded Metals Catalog
- Bi-Metallic Transitions Products
- Bonded Metals and Galvanic Corrosion
- Maritime Products Specification Sheet
- Bonded Metal Combinations
- Shipboard Products Specification Sheet
- Whitepaper – What You Can Do With Explosive Welding
- PA&E Explosive Metal Welding Capabilities Slide Presentation